Mastering stenography is a valuable skill for those looking to boost typing efficiency and speed. Learning steno not only enhances productivity but also reduces the risk of repetitive strain injuries associated with traditional typing methods, making it a valuable asset for anyone who uses a computer.
Here is how you learn steno:
- Read through Art of Chording.
- Go to Typey Type and start practicing.
- Drill typing tests with common words. (e.g. Monkey type 15 second test, 10 Fast Fingers 1 minute test, Steno Jig)
- Develop vocabulary by using steno for regular tasks such as chatting or writing emails.
Things you can do at any time:
- Join the StenoKeyboards Discord community
- Join the Plover Discord community
- Follow StenoKeyboards on Instagram, Twitter/X, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube.
- Buy steno merch
- Talk about Plover to your friends
- AirSteno ™ (aka doing steno in your mind)
Additional tips and tricks