The Uni v4
The Uni is a minimal, unibody-split-ortholinear keyboard made for stenography.
- No assembly required
- You can use your normal keyboard and the Uni at the same time
- Each switch's spring weight is 35 grams, and you can replace the springs without desoldering.
- Made to work with Plover's Gemini PR machine settings, see the video for more info
- Composed of three layers: backplate, PCB, and switch plate.
- US patent pending
- Nice packaging
- The Uni v4 keyboard
- USB-C to USB-A cable
To learn how to install and set up with Plover, please see the Documentation.
You must have Plover installed.
- Thumb numbers
- Split S
- Split asterisks
- Keys can also be configured in Plover's machine settings.
- The left and right halves are spaced apart for more comfort.
- The thumbs are shifted down by the same amount as the distance between the home row and the spacebar on a regular keyboard.
Install and setup with Plover: Documentation
Learn the layout: Art of Chording
Practice steno: TypeyType
- 248mm x 76mm
- 13u x 4u
- 28 keys
- Gateron Clear 35g switches
- OEM R3 profile keycaps
- Switch plate with cutouts for easy disassembly of switches
- MX Spacing
- Only MX switches are compatible
- The PCB is not hot-swappable
- M2 Screws and Stand-offs
- QMK Gemini PR protocol
- uses the rp2040 chip with 16 megabyte storage
Anyone can learn
Steno is something that anyone can learn. Just practice, practice, practice! 200+ WPM is just within reach!